Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: How to link PC?  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:How to link PC?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2003, 13:14 »
Ignore my last post as I have re read the earlier bits  ::)

Would it be possible to get another card for PC2 and try it hard wired to eliminate a wireless fault?
Or possibly swap the  card and the usb adaptor around and see if the fault is replicated the opposite way round  ???

Adept

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2003, 13:14 »
Good point Sandra :)

Jamez does PC2 have a normal wired network card? Or can you borrow one? It would be interesting to find out whether the network would work fully wired.

Offline jamez

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2003, 14:16 »
ok, after a series of study on my pc and based on some findings from microsoft website, the problems nows lies on PC2 which is the one connected thru wirless. I tried to ping PC2 from PC1, and it was a negative result.........now with some search and results..........any improvements to my problems? 8)
amp;quot;... It doesn't matter if u
win by an inch or a mile, winning is
winning..."

James?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2003, 17:59 »
I havent done any networking apart from USB to USB and never even looked at a wireless setup but as with most wireless applications these days,from PCs to telephones,they are frequently coming with various switches to select different channels to prevent interference from someone else in the area being on a similar frequency.
Is this so with wireless networking on the set up you are currently using?
If so have you double checked that they are on the same channel/s ?
Have you tried selecting a different frequency/channel if this is an option ?
The only other thing I can think of at this stage is contacting the wireless router suppliers helpline and seeing if they have come across this problem before  ???

Adept

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2003, 19:13 »
There is no channel switch with wireless networking Sandra - it's all done in the software.

Seeing as it now appears that Jamez cannot ping from PC2 to PC1, but can access the Internet through the router, I doubt it is a signal problem. Which only really leaves the network setup on XP :-\

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum