Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Singer Andy Williams Dies Aged 84  (Read 1510 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Singer Andy Williams Dies Aged 84
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 19:11 »
:rip:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 20:58 »
Just like Perry Como, Andy Williams never seemed to be actually alive before he died.  But I enjoyed listening to his songs on the radio.  His record Can't Get Used to Losing You was my favourite and I also liked his cover version of Frankie Valli's Can't take my eyes off of you although it wasn't as good as the original. 

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 03:00 »
Sadly, Andy Williams epitomised, for me at least, everything that seriously annoyed the living sh*t out of me in the 60's.  Whilst my parents apparently couldn't get enough of him, I, on the other hand, preferred Hendrix, et al.  My grandchildren will likely say the same of Radiohead in years to come, but I probably won't give a monkey's by then.

These days, although day-to-day audio fodder for the masses is now 'decided' by shows such as X-Factor, it would be quite nice to think that my grandchildren might also prefer listening to something a little less mainstream.  However, I really do fear for the cultural future of this once-proud nation since John Peel went a bit mouldy.

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 08:20 »
Another 'era door' closes. He only made one track I liked, but more of my youth slips away. :rip:
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum