Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Privacy watchdogs cry foul over Facebook policy changes  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Privacy watchdogs cry foul over Facebook policy changes
« on: November 27, 2012, 21:38 »
Two privacy advocacy groups have urged Facebook to withdraw proposed changes to its terms of service that would allow the company to share user data with Instagram, eliminate a user voting system and loosen email restrictions within the social network.

The changes, which Facebook unveiled last week, raise privacy risks for users and overide the company's previous commitments to its billion members, according to the Electronic Privacy Information Center and the Center for Digital Democracy.

"Facebook's proposed changes implicate the user privacy and terms of a recent settlement with the Federal Trade Commission," the groups said in a letter to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.

By sharing information with Instagram, the letter said, Facebook could combine user profiles, ending its practice of keeping user information on the two services separate. Facebook declined to comment on the letter.

Read more: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/378361/privacy-watchdogs-cry-foul-over-facebook-policy-changes
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Privacy watchdogs cry foul over Facebook policy changes
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 23:14 »
I don't use Facebook or Twitter and intend to remain that way.   ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 12:15 »
Same here.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 13:07 »
I closed mine this morning, it's a waste of space for me.
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum