Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: An Amiga computer emulated in your browser, complete with games and demos.  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
No Lemmings!   :bawl:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
Bullguard came up with this when I tried to access the web page.

For your security BullGuard has blocked access to this page
The site is listed as a malicious site that may be stealing identity information, plant viruses on your machine or do other harmful things.

The information we have indicate that this site:
- Has been promoted through spam techniques.

I loved my Amiga 1200 and would have enjoyed the memories but   :dunno:

Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Difficult to say, Den, but nothing came up with Kaspersky.  :dunno:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
I had it from a well respected site that vets every individual post so I think it's likely to be very safe Den.   Kaspersky eh Simon?  Anything you wish to confess?   :)x

Offline Simon

• Administrator
F-Secure and iTunes weren't getting on well together on my machine, Clive, so I ended up having to switch, but hopefully only for a year.  :)

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
I'm afraid that after a couple of years of relatively problem-free use, I finally had to give F-Secure the heave-ho when its crappy excuse for a firewall suddenly monopolised my Win7x64 8GB laptop's T9300 CPU to the exclusion of everything else.

Apple's loathesome iTunes was actually just the tip of a very large iceberg, so I was delighted to hear recently that F-Secure now rely on Windows' firewall rather than their own.  However, this wasn't in time to prevent me jumping ship, just in case it tried to cancel my weekly trips to the supermarket before attempting to inspect my underwear for anything resembling an unsightly stain.

Just for the record, my current panoply includes MS Security Essentials, Malwarebytes Anti-malware Pro, Winpatrol Plus, and SpywareBlaster - which peacefully co-exist in perfect harmony and, perhaps more importantly, seem to work quite well and I commend them to the house.

Thus, provided I can resist the temptation to visit the websites of scantily-clad foreign ladies with big hoo-ha's who completely b*gger up your browsing by making your keyboard all sticky, I shall return interfrastically.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:14 by Rodders »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
 ;D

So, presumably, the version of Windows Firewall in Win7x64 is better than the half measure included in XP?  If F-Secure are reliant on Windows firewall, this suggests their abandonment of support for XP, as it wouldn't really provide full protection.  Yes, I know, I should upgrade...  ::)

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
Hey, Simon, say hello to the 21st Century.   We've got eBay and everything...     

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
Go on, be brave.  Do Windows 8.  You know you want it.   

Offline Simon

• Administrator
I'd do Windows 7, given a newer machine, but not sure about 8.  Those tiles...   :ack: 

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
Research the Tile alternatives.   ;)

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
And by the way...  I wrote an absolute *TON* of music for the Amiga and still have a few bits and and pieces on (880k) floppies.  So what are my chances of actually becoming a star do you suppose?

A.  B*gger all.

B.  Effoff

C.  We are the Giant Toffee Spoon people. We hate the Amiga.

Offline Simon

• Administrator

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum