Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Canon  (Read 2474 times)

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
Canon
« on: August 08, 2015, 19:10 »
Why can't Canon ever get it right. We have all known that Windows 10 was coming but Canon don't seem to care.

I have two Canon printers: the first one is a Canon Selphy CP780 and when I changed to Windows 8 it ceased to be supported. My main one is a Canon iP6700D and Canon have not updated their drivers and wont say if they will. The printer works but if it is switched on when I turn the computer on it comes up with the error "Directory E not valid" or it asks me to put a memory card in E slot.

I really like both printers but Canon are a pain, I'm dreading checking the software on my three Canon cameras.  ::)
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Canon
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 21:38 »
I also have a Canon printer and a well known Canon scanner.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 10:51 »
I've not had a problem with my Brother printer / scanner, which still seems to connect wirelessly to my laptop following the Win10 upgrade.  I'd have thought better of Canon.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 12:46 »
It seems strange as the printer works fine and it's just the usb and micro ports that are recognised. I will just have to get into the habit of turning the printer when not in use.
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum