Technical Help & Discussion > Broadband, Networking, PC Security, Internet & ISPs

BT Smarthub

<< < (3/9) > >>

daveeb:

--- Quote from: Simon on July 17, 2016, 00:31 ---I have to admit, I never even realised BT did a mobile service.  I know they used to be BT Cellnet, which then changed to O2, but I didn't know they did one of their own again.  I've been with O2 since it was BT Cellnet, and I have a very good deal with them, but BT Mobile could almost match it.  My only issue with O2 is my signal quality at home, which is quite poor, but I don't know if any others would be any better, and I wouldn't want to get locked into a long contract, only to find I'm no better, or even worse off, signal wise.   :-\

--- End quote ---

I'm talking Cellnet Simon as you say BT don't run a mobile service now although I hear they're thinking of dipping their toes again  :woot:.  O2 used to be good (after splitting off from BT) but now Telefonica own them things seem to be going a bit downhill. I agree with the signal comment about O2, i use tesco mobile (O2) and mrs daveeb has Virgin mobile (EE ??) and my daughtrer also has EE and they tend to get reception where I can't in the more remote areas (west Yorkshire). In the better reception areas however i fare better than them and usually get full speed whereas they struggle with 3/4 G.

Den:
I have always used Vodafone and find it great in the Wrexham/Chester area. BT now share masts with EE so I assume they are on the same system as them?

I have always been with BT for my phone line but moved around a bit with my Broadband (including iDnet) but it worked a lot cheaper to have everything with BT, drop down from a business line to a private line and get BT Infinity and I have not looked back since.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5483008879

Den:
Well the BT SmartHub arrived in the post this morning. Took it out of the box and plugged it in and it set itself up within minutes. Runs very well indeed and has increased the WiFi signal in the house.

I'm going to go and sit in the garden now with a beer (or 2) and see how the signal is out there. I will report back if I don't get too drunk.   ;D

Clive:

--- Quote from: daveeb on July 17, 2016, 00:03 ---Personally I've found the tactics BT use once you're a customer to be borderline criminal, they make it very awkward if you tell them you're leaving and are constantly "upgrading" your account at extra cost or cold calling with promises that subsequently prove to be  false.. I've got a friend who used to work for them and he's told me a few things about their business practices that make me steer well clear. However if you're with them and happy with their service then good luck to you, but not for me any more. (i've had both mobile phone and internet with them in the past and lived to regret getting both services).

--- End quote ---

I wholeheartedly agree with with you Dave.  My BB speed dropped to 104kb/s which BT said was well within their limits and perfectly acceptable.   ::)  How can you deal with a company like that?   :dunno:

Simon:
They were in the news today, and are basically being told by the government to buck their ideas up when it comes to broadband services and customer relations. 

BT must 'put its house in order' - MPs - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36832505

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version