Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Restart problem.  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
Restart problem.
« on: October 30, 2016, 15:39 »
Whenever I upgrade anything Windows 10 or even iTunes etc' and it tells me to restart the computer, it goes into a endless cycle of black screen and the twirl thing at the bottom. At first I have the Windows flag showing but once that turns off it can run for hours. I have tried everything I can find on the net but to no avail.
If I leave it and try again later (sometimes after unplugging the power) it will load up eventually.

Any thought or should I just turn the computer off instead of restart and then turn it back on later
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Restart problem.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 17:19 »
But, I thought Windows 10 was perfect, Den.   :o:

Must admit, I've heard of the problem, but not had it myself.  I always ignore iTunes' restart request, and would also usually postpone any restart prompts after a Windows update, so I guess, by default, I usually power off and then on again when I need to use the device.  Not sure what the difference is, as it still sometimes takes a while to start, when applying updates, but I've not experienced the reboot cycle. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 17:33 »
I did not say it was perfect just much better. If it was perfect Microsoft would not require to bring out updates for it.

It's just a strange fault and next time I will try to remember to turn the computer off and then back on again and hope that works.  :dunno:
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 20:56 »
Den, exactly the same thing happens to me.  I'm sure there will eventually be an update which will resolve the problem but as long as your machine eventually starts back up again I wouldn't worry too much. 

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 12:05 »
Its windows 10 itself
when it updates it wants to restart after program updates or installs during a restart
if you physically turn it off and on it seems to get faster its some kind of glitch :-\

Its been reported to the insider program
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 14:12 »
Thanks Davy! 

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 12:19 »
Your welcome
This only happens on some machines so its hard to track down
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum