Technical Help & Discussion > AV Lounge

Black & White Television

<< < (2/5) > >>

daveeb:

--- Quote from: Clive on November 09, 2018, 13:10 ---Our first colour TV was a 13" Sony back in 1971. :D

--- End quote ---

You had colour in 1971  :woot: I had to wait another seven or eight years and even then there was an evens chance that the grass would be blue etc on any given day.

Clive:
I was so deprived that I didn't have black and white until 1967.   :laugh:  We actually rented the 13" for five years at a cost of £5 a month.   But it was a fabulous picture and never went wrong.  There were no presets.  There was a tuning knob like a radio set but there were only three channels to worry about in those days anyway.

Den:
Now I'm feeling very old. My parents bought our first TV (single channel) in about 1951-2. All the kids I knew would come to watch Kit Carson or Hopalong Cassidy at tea time.

The only problem was they would turn up wearing Cowboy hats and gun belts.

I had a friend just down the road and they had a black and white tv with a colour filter that you could put in front of the screen with a blue filter at the top and a green one at the bottom. Great for cowboy films in a field.  ;D

Clive:
I used to visit  a friend whose parents had a thick plastic magnifier over the screen to make the picture larger.  I think I saw Quatermass on it.

daveeb:

--- Quote from: Clive on November 10, 2018, 15:02 ---I used to visit  a friend whose parents had a thick plastic magnifier over the screen to make the picture larger.  I think I saw Quatermass on it.

--- End quote ---

Hope you told him to get off it, they were quite fragile. Cheek of some people  :crazy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version