Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Fuji XD Memory Card  (Read 7624 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Fuji XD Memory Card
« on: June 13, 2019, 19:43 »
Does anyone know where I can get a Fuji XD memory card at a reasonable price (ie much less than £20!) ?  It's for my old Fuji Finepix camera which boasts 3.2 mega pixels!  :laugh:

Olympus XD memory cards are not compatible.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Fuji XD Memory Card
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 22:42 »
They don't seem easy to come by, do they?  Have you tried on eBay?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 23:54 »
Sadly, eBay isn't much of a help.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 09:06 »
I did see one or two on there, but they seemed very low storage capacity.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 10:39 »
I'm guessing they're proprietary to Fuji equipment so they can charge what they like. Probably a lot cheaper to get a newer camera and a modern higher capacity SD card.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 22:05 »
My Finepix A330 is an astonishingly good camera for its age.  I've also got a Nikon D3300 and a D850 plus my iPods, so I'm hardly short of cameras.  I think I might keep the A330 in my bicycle paniers, just in case a decent piccie presents itself when I'm out riding.

BTW, I found an old 128mb XD card at the back of a drawer, which is handy  :) .

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 22:23 »
My Finepix A330 is an astonishingly good camera for its age.  I've also got a Nikon D3300 and a D850 plus my iPods, so I'm hardly short of cameras.  I think I might keep the A330 in my bicycle paniers, just in case a decent piccie presents itself when I'm out riding.

BTW, I found an old 128mb XD card at the back of a drawer, which is handy  :) .

I was thinking more of the storage price Gill. High speed high capacity SD cards are very cheap these days. 128 Mb is not a lot by todays standards even with a relatively low res camera. As you say if you use it for a few ad hoc pics great, I just think you'll get shafted trying to upgrade the storage (as per your original question) on a legacy camera.
I've binned off several very good cameras for the same reason..lack of capacity.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 23:51 »
I wondered if 128Mb was a misprint, considering 128Gb cards are now quite cheaply available.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 00:05 »

Okay, so it's only a JPEG as opposed to a RAW file, and it only has automatic settings, but for a ten-year-old 3.2 MP camera it still makes me happy.

By the way, the dog nested in the flower pot of his own volition.  I was trying to dry some chillies and I suppose the chihuahua's Mexican urges took over.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 10:17 »
If you plant them, do you get more?   :)x

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 13:27 »
Oh, he could make more without any effort on my part!  Thank goodness he’s had the snip or the UK would have been overrun with his offspring! 🐶

He has three interests in life, all beginning with the letter ‘F’: feeding, fighting and fornicating.  Randy little sod.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 15:36 »
 :pmsl:  Our cat used to love sleeping in flower pots too, but only those containing our favourite and most expensive flowers.   ::)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum