Technical Help & Discussion > Mobile Phones & Other Handheld Devices

Can not send text messages

(1/4) > >>

Den:
I'm having a problem and at first I thought it was only when replying to a text message but it seems to be whenever I try to send a text message it fails to send.

I thought it was a problem with my iPhone 7 so I bought a Samsung Galaxy A40 and the same problem was there (who wants to buy a Samsung?). It looks as if the problem is with Vodafone but I have failed to sort it out yet, any ideas?

Simon:
You could first check the network status for your area:- https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

If that's OK, then my only suggestion would be to contact Vodafone, in case there's an issue with your number or your account.

Simon:
Actually, I'm surprised you're not with BT Mobile, Den, as you can get some pretty good deals on their mobile service, if you've also got BT Broadband.

daveeb:

--- Quote from: Den on November 15, 2019, 21:40 ---I'm having a problem and at first I thought it was only when replying to a text message but it seems to be whenever I try to send a text message it fails to send.

I thought it was a problem with my iPhone 7 so I bought a Samsung Galaxy A40 and the same problem was there (who wants to buy a Samsung?). It looks as if the problem is with Vodafone but I have failed to sort it out yet, any ideas?

--- End quote ---

Firstly Den you're much better off with the Samsung. I had a couple of iphones but never again, stick with the Samsung, i'm about to pull the trigger on an A50 myself.
As Simon says i'd contact Vodaphone. they may suggest changing your phones APN settings which are something to do with how your phone communicates, I won't attempt to go any deeper than that as I'll end up giving you bad info.
Good luck.

Den:
I went int o the Vodafone Outlet in Wrexham and they programmed a new Sim for me. That did not cure the problem so I phoned their support line and spoke to this chap who went away and when he came back on he had cured the problem and said that a block had gone on there and he had sorted it. I can now send and receive texts again.  ;D

I am playing with the Samsung at the moment but am not convinced yet, I will report back. I want to change the ring tone to something like "Old Phone" but have not figured it out yet?

It's no good moving my service to BT Mobile as they own EE and that is the worst coverage in the area by far and Vodafone is the best. I put my wife on Talkmobile at £5/month for unlimited calls and texts so that is great and they are part of Vodafone. 8-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version