Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Sports Photography Is Back!  (Read 1486 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Sports Photography Is Back!
« on: July 29, 2020, 11:21 »
I once said that when the lockdown measures were eased, the thing I was most looking forward to photographing was a game of village cricket on the ground just across a field from where I live. Yesterday evening I got a phone call from the ladies club captain saying the home team was about to go into bat, so I grabbed my camera and raced up there. I didn't have time to mount a super telephoto lens (I had a 200mm lens mounted) and the light was poor, but nevertheless it felt great once more to be taking the sort of photographs I love to take.

There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Sports Photography Is Back!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 13:58 »
Gosh, they look as if they mean business!  Great action shots Gill!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 18:13 »
Great photos, but I'm afraid I have as much interest in sport as you have in the band Queen, Gill.   ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 18:39 »
Thanks guys.  Gotta say, Simon, I'm with you when it comes to sports but the drama and physical exertion can make for pleasing photographs.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum