Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: John Cleese to revive Fawlty Towers after 40 years  (Read 269 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
John Cleese to revive Fawlty Towers after 40 years
« on: February 08, 2023, 11:11 »
Comedy series Fawlty Towers is set to be revived after more than 40 years.

John Cleese, who played Basil Fawlty, will be returning to write and star alongside his daughter Camilla Cleese.

The two-series show, which featured on BBC2 in 1975 and 1979, followed the lives of Torquay hotelier Basil and his wife Sybil as they tried to keep their business and marriage afloat.

The new series will explore how the cynical and sarcastic Basil navigates the modern world.

Castle Rock Entertainment announced on Tuesday it had closed a deal with Cleese to bring back the television series.

The revival will also see Basil and his daughter, who he has just discovered is his, team up to run a boutique hotel.

Fawlty Towers was named the greatest British sitcom of all time by a panel of television experts for Radio Times magazine in 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64563839

This has got to be one of the worst ideas in the history of entertainment. 

You'll never top the original series of Fawlty Towers.  I couldn't guess how many times I've watched both series all the way through, and I know every line, but they still make me fall off the sofa laughing.

This won't.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: John Cleese to revive Fawlty Towers after 40 years
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 16:25 »
Yes going to be very strange  :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
Re: John Cleese to revive Fawlty Towers after 40 years
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 20:17 »
I will wait until it's released before I pass judgment.  :D
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum