Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Brian May Knighted By King Charles  (Read 188 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Brian May Knighted By King Charles
« on: March 15, 2023, 14:01 »
Brian May was knighted by King Charles during a ceremony at Buckingham Palace on March 14.

The Queen guitarist received the honor not only for his contributions to music, but also for his ongoing charity work.

The British government announced May as a recipient at the end of 2022. At that time, the rocker shared his joy in an interview with BBC News. "This is a kind of license, a kind of commission to carry on doing what I'm doing,” he explained, “and it gives me a bit more power to my elbow. So I'm very happy about that."

Following the ceremony at Buckingham Palace, May expressed appreciation that King Charles himself handled the honors.

“We’ve had various conversations over the years and I like to feel that we have a kind of friendship,” May said of his cordial relationship with the king, noting that the two have “quite a lot in common.” “I have enormous respect for him. I think he’s been through some very difficult times and always behaved with incredible grace and dignity.”

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/brian-may-knighted-king-charles/
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum