Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Eagles Co-founder Randy Meisner Dead At 77  (Read 302 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Eagles Co-founder Randy Meisner Dead At 77
« on: July 28, 2023, 11:31 »
Eagles co-founder Randy Meisner has died at the age of 77 due to complications from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

After a brief stint in Poco, Meisner started the Eagles in 1971 alongside Glenn Frey, Don Henley and Bernie Leadon. He played on the group's first five albums before quitting in September 1977.

“Randy was an integral part of the Eagles and instrumental in the early success of the band," the band said in an official statement announcing Meisner's death. "His vocal range was astonishing, as is evident on his signature ballad, 'Take It to the Limit.'"

The success of that song wound up contributing to Meisner's departure from the Eagles. "I was always kind of shy," he told Rolling Stone in 2013. "They wanted me to stand in the middle of the stage to sing 'Take It to the Limit,' but I liked to be out of the spotlight."

An ailing Meisner subsequently refused to perform the song for the group's encore at a June 1977 show in Knoxville, Tenn., reportedly prompting Frey to call him a "pussy." Meisner then apparently attempted to punch his bandmate in return.

"When the tour ended, I left the band," Meisner told Rolling Stone in 2015. "Those last days on the road were the worst. Nobody was talking to me or would hang out after shows or do anything. I was made an outcast of the band I'd helped start."

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/randy-meisner-death
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum