Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: A new Beatles song titled Now And Then is being released next week  (Read 238 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
News you likely didn't have on your 2023 bingo card: a brand new single from The Beatles is coming next week. Written and sung by John Lennon and featuring contributions from George Harrison, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr - McCartney and Starr worked together to finish the song for release this year - Now And Then will be released Thursday November 2, and is being advertised as the final 'new' Beatles song ever. It will be paired on release with the band’s classic 1962 debut UK single, Love Me Do.

A 12-minute documentary, Now And Then - The Last Beatles Song, written and directed by Oliver Murray, will also accompany the single's release, and will premiere on Wednesday November 1, with commentary from Paul, Ringo, George, John Lennon and Yoko Ono's son Sean and Peter Jackson, who produced and directed critically lauded 2021 doc The Beatles: Get Back.

The release of Now And Then will precede a snazzy new reissue of the Beatles' 'Red' and 'Blue' albums (AKA 1962–1966 and 1967-1970),  their two most famous compilations. Both reissues will land on November 10.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/new-beatles-song-now-and-then
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
I think they've left it a bit late but I'll have a listen to it.  :D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum