Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: WIN ME or XP  (Read 4972 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re:WIN ME or XP
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2003, 19:00 »
Personally, I think that WIN2K Pro was as far as Microsoft could ever go.  Anything else is an anti-climax.  Bill's made his money, he's made his mark, now why doesn't he just go away and enjoy it?

Tony, I'm glad to se you've taken the :tony: smilie in the good spirits.  I expact it to become the most used smilie on here before long.

Offline arthurb

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2003, 19:14 »
XP it is then. Any problems and you will all know about them! (and hopefully remedy them).

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2003, 19:35 »
You can be assured of that!   ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2003, 20:20 »
I thought you were supposed to have installed it for a friend ages ago  ;D

Yeah, but they chickened out and have still got 98.   ::)

I'll have a look at Partition Magic - can anyone recommend how much space W2K will need?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2003, 22:11 »

Well, I'm with Sandra  :)  I think XP is great, I was sooo glad to get rid of ME.  I like the system restore for when things go wrong, its much more user friendly and stable.

Windows ME has system restore Gemini so what else has XP to offer me before I go to all the bother of copying all my files. ???
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2003, 22:20 »

Look Lona and arthub, get a grip on reality, and stop acting like a couple of luddites :tony: you'll thank me for being so blunt, honest you will.  ;D

arthub, you have XP then load the bloody thing, and Lona you have friends "cough" so get on with it.

If your systems ain't got a CD-RW then buy one, they are a must. Back up all personal data, photos whatever, and walk into the light  ;D

I must be a dutch lady Tony,because, although I have a CD-RW, it would take me ages to find all my sound files and also I am not the only one who uses this PC. Can you imagine the divorce if I lost all Hubby's important files :o. I will just continue to stay on the dark side for now until this new OS comes out.  No doubt, everybody will be jumping up and down when it appears and XP will become rubbish like everything else that is old hat. ::) :P
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2003, 00:18 »

......until this new OS comes out.  No doubt, everybody will be jumping up and down when it appears and XP will become rubbish like everything else that is old hat. ::) :P

That's so true, Lona.  It isn't a lifetime since I was the envy of my university mates, because I had a 486 running Windows 95 and they had 386s running Windows 3.1.

Even the most unmaterialistic seem to like to keep up with the Jones' where personal computing is concerned.

Offline lobo

• http://www.burnleywood.com
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2003, 02:05 »
@Simon

"can anyone recommend how much space W2K will need?"

About 3-4Gb should be OK my friend, gives you a bit of leeway to instal other programs like office and such

Brian ;D
url=http://pc-pals.com/userpics/loboPC.swf]Flash[/url]

All the survivors of the war had reached their homes and so put the perils of battle and the sea behind them.
Homer   , The Odyssey, line 1

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2003, 08:02 »
Thanks Brian - I will have some extra spare time when the schools break up, and I feel this could be an entertaining little project.  My next question will be about dual booting, but I'll save that for another thread.   :D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2003, 10:37 »

Dave, re smilie  :lol: it's a smasher.

Lona, re next new OS :lol:

Thanks Brian - I will have some extra spare time when the schools break up, and I feel this could be an entertaining little project.  My next question will be about dual booting, but I'll save that for another thread.   :D

Yo, Simons getting adventurous, welcome to the world of ' Sh*t how did that happen, I knew I should have left it alone'  Nar it's fun Simon really.  ::) ;D ;)
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2003, 20:52 »
Yo, Simons getting adventurous, welcome to the world of ' Sh*t how did that happen, I knew I should have left it alone'  Nar it's fun Simon really.  ::) ;D ;)

That's probably exactly what will happen Tony!   :o ::) ;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum