Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Attachment File??  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Shaz

• Established Member
Attachment File??
« on: July 16, 2003, 09:34 »
Hey Guys,I got an E-mail off a mate in australia with an attach on.The attach is 'ChatfrN.pps'when i try and open it a window comes up and tells me"This file does not have a program associated with it performing this action,create an association in my computer by clicking view then click folder options."Seeing as im a novice at the moment that dosent help me!! ive done wot it says but then come to a sticky stop!!!CAN ANYONE :help:ME!!!!!!!!!!
een away but back with a vengence!!!!

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re:Attachment File??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 11:24 »
Oreet!

First, right-click the attachment  and choose "Scan with AVG" to check it for viruses.

I think it's a presentation file, which means you would need Microsoft Powerpoint to be loaded from the Office CD.  As your Hard Drive space is limited and you'll probably never use Powerpoint, it's hardly worth loading it for just one attachment.  

However, there is a small Powerpoint viewer, for those who don't have the full-blown program.  Go to:

http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D1649C22-B51F-4910-93FC-4CF2832D3342&displaylang=en

and download the viewer.  Then you should be able to open the attachment.  If you've any probs, I'll call round and have a look later.

Edit:  You'll have to copy and paste the link into the Internet Explorer address bar.  (Why does this keep happening)?

Edit:  Link is working now.

Adept

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 11:33 »
You need to wrap the address in URL tags Dave, to make it put the hyperlink over the whole address.

As in [ URL] http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D1649C22-B51F-4910-93FC-4CF2832D3342&displaylang=en [ /URL]

just don't include the space after the [ :)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 11:35 »
Thanks, Adept. :)

Offline Shaz

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 11:39 »
Oreet, im off to work now(some of us have to!heehee)Ill try sorting it when i get home.Ill be in all afternoon after 2 if you wana call round anyway. ;D

Offline Shaz

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2003, 13:38 »
:D ;D nice one brother of mine.Ive sucessfully downloaded the program and it worked!!Im dead chuffed wiv mi self now!! :thanks:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2003, 13:57 »
Well done Shaz,never forget we all knew less than you do now when we started out,(Serenity possibly still does :P )and each journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2003, 14:02 »
:mg: Sandra, if you are going to be philosophical this aftenoon .... ;D

Offline Shaz

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2003, 13:27 »
:thanks:Sandra for the vote of confidence!!
This forum is great for me cause I love learning and now im learning something new everyday! ;D :D ::)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum