Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: MSN Problem  (Read 1747 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
MSN Problem
« on: August 02, 2003, 22:33 »
Hi.

Is anyone having trouble signing into the MSN Messenger Service tonight?  I first noticed a problem this afternoon when using Trillian and I kept being signed out of MSN.  Eventually it wouldn't connect to MSN at all.

I have been away for several hours.  I arrived back and Trillian still would not connect to MSN.  I went to the oldversion.com site and downloaded an older version of MSN Messenger which does not have all the crap...err, sorry "features"... which come with the later versions.  However, it will not connect.  Instead it tells me that my username  or password are incorrect.  There is nothing at all wrong with my details, as they have just signed me into Hotmail without any problem.

??? ??? ??? ???

Offline Robotochan

• Established Member
    • http://www.dollshouse91.fsnet.co.uk
Re:MSN Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2003, 22:37 »
Not had a problem since 6pm  :)
b]Oxymoron: [/b]
2 words that when put together contradict one another

Example:
Microsoft Works

Adept

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2003, 22:39 »
I've been signed in all afternoon Dave. I just tried signing out and signing back in again without any problems.

I'm still using 4.7 if that makes any difference :-\

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2003, 22:39 »
It's probably yet another DDoS attack, Dave.  I wouldn't take it personally.  If it's still not working tomorrow after they've blocked the port that's under attack, then start worrying.  ;)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2003, 22:47 »
Thanks.

I'll wait until tomorrow as Rodders says.  It's not too much of a problem tonight, as I'm going to be away from the computer and watching Rambo 3 shortly. :sadgit:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2003, 23:31 »
I've had a problem getting access to several websites today, and I too was wondering if there had been a DoS attack.

I have a feeling that the new version of MSN is not compatible with Trillian, Dave.  :(  File transfers definitely don't seem to work, but I've had no trouble signing in.  Sadly, it could be that Trillian's days are numbered on my machine, at least until they update it.   :'(
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2003, 01:23 »
It's connecting (via Trillian) on  the Gio Freetime service.  Must be another Fast24 problem.

Offline ketamininja

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2003, 12:46 »
According to MS's own rules on servers, only 40,000 user accounts are allowed in a SAM. This may relate to hotmail and msn accounts too...

You can imagine how many accounts exsist, so if there is a problem with one of the user account servers, then only 40,000 people can't get online until its fixed.... yep don't take it personally!

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2003, 12:49 »
Thanks for that Ket  ;) there are several people having trouble connecting in one form or another.. either though Msg or picture messaging.. its a pity they dont have some way of letting people know.. so users dont mess with there own settings locally  ::)

Hookstar

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum