Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: colour displayed on pc monitor  (Read 8673 times)

Offline reanne

colour displayed on pc monitor
« on: August 05, 2003, 20:07 »
Hello. Im having a problem with my the colour on my pc monitor. I dont really know how to explain it except that the colours are not as clear, and appear smudged. This has become a problem, for example, i cannot see the white text clearly, that appears over the blue background of this website. can anyone help me? ???

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:colour displayed on pc monitor
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 20:12 »
Hi Reanne,welcome to Pals.
It sounds as if your screen resolution has somehow changed to a lower one than you had before.
If you right click on your desktop and select properties then go to Settings,see if you can increase the size in the box to 800 x 600 or higher and the colour to 16 or 32 bits.
that should set it back to where it was before hopefully,dont forget to click apply.
It may need to reboot to take effect.
Let me know if this corrects it or not please :doggie:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 20:17 »
Reanne hi and welcome  :welcome:

If you go to desk top and right click in a clean part and open properties then settings what does the colour resolution say .. should look  a little like the pic below.

Hookstar.

Failing that one of the real techies will be here soon

Offline reanne

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 20:22 »
hi. i changed it to 800 by 600. this has somehow made the things on my pc smaller, from the pictures on the desktop, to the text. however, i could not change the colour to 36, it is currently `16. the colour on my pc hasnt got any better though.  :'(

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 20:25 »
If it's not the screen resolution, Reanne, it could be simply that the plug has loosened, either in the back of the monitor, or the other end in the back of the PC tower.  I had a smiliar problem myself earlier in the week, where my monitor developed a green tinge.  Pushing the plug into the back of the monitor cured it immediately.  Best of luck - let us know what happens.   :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline reanne

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 20:28 »
sounding stupid now, which  plug is it? or should i make sure there all in correctly? :-[

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 20:32 »
Did the PC reboot after changing the resolution Reanne?
If not that may be all that it now needs to do to change the colour settings :doggie:

Offline reanne

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 20:40 »
ive just reboted now sandra, and its still the same. i coudnt change the 16 to a 32, becasue 16 was the only choice.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 20:41 »
Some newer monitors don't actually have a plug as such - just two leadscoming out the back.  One would be to the power point (that should be OK), and the other will go to the back of the PC tower.  Sandra may well be correct, so try her idea first, but I just changed my colour to 16, and it didn't have the effect you were describing.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 20:47 »
Hi again,did you mean 16 colours or 16 bit colours Reanne?
If it only has 16 colours then we need to look a little deeper.
Which make/type of PC are you using and which operating system ?

Offline reanne

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 20:48 »
ok, just checked the plugs again. the plug that connects to the hardrive is a big black one. im not sure if its completely in or not. i cna see a bit of the bronze but im not sure if thats normal or not. i tried pushing it in, but it wouldnt move. it also wouldnt come away but im not sure if thats cause i dont have huge muscle power.  :-\

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2003, 20:49 »
well if it doesn't feel loose, thenh it should be OK.  have you still got the problem?

Offline reanne

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2003, 20:52 »
sandra, its 16 colours. also, im on windows 2000.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2003, 20:55 »
Has this only just started happening Reanne?  Have you changed your graphics card or graphics card drivers recently?

Offline reanne

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2003, 20:59 »
no, i havent changed them.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum