Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Digital Signatures - Adobe ?  (Read 2761 times)

Offline DJ

• Established Member
Digital Signatures - Adobe ?
« on: December 06, 2002, 22:50 »
Hi

I currently work for a company that amongst other things produces printed certificates .

I need a way of putting my signature onto the bottom of these and in such a way that it can't be tampered with (eg not just a gif/jpg file).  The certs get sent back and forth to clients via email.

I've heard that Adobe produce a product that does such a thing, not sure if its Acrobat or not.

Can anyone shed any light on this ??

Many Thanks

DJ1UK

Adept

Re:Digital Signatures - Adobe ?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2002, 23:09 »
Hi DJ

Yes I think Acrobat can help with this process as it will allow you to create a .pdf file which anyone can view using Acrobat Reader but not alter without the full Acrobat package and only then with the correct permissions. Acrobat allows you to password protect the document with 128-bit encryption and set options to prevent people from printing, altering, or otherwise changing the content.

Other companies offer "Watermarking" facilities for digital images. Digimarc is one that springs to mind.

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 11:59 »
Hi Again,

The product that i need, or so I've been told is Adobe Acrobat Approval.  

Its £30 and can be downloaded at Adobe.co.uk - but with my 33k connection it'll take about 5 hours !! - so I'm looking for a shop (online or otherwise) that would sell it...

Any ideas ??  :)

DJ1UK

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2002, 23:26 »
Well, I've had a look at several online retailers, DJ, and can't find it anywhere, I'm afraid.

Do you know someone with a faster connection that could download it for you, and put it onto a CD?  That's my only suggestion at the moment.  :-";"xx
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2002, 12:59 »
Opps... Phoned Adobe and the ONLY way to get Adobe Acrobat Approval is to download it - sorry for wasting your time Clive !

So  I'm going to set it off tonight and it'll be done by the morning ! (My ISP gives free time after 1am - so no phone bill).

Thanks for your help

DJ1UK

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2002, 17:40 »
- sorry for wasting your time Clive !

I don't know who will be more offended, me or Clive!  I know we share startling good looks, but I still have age on my side!!   ;D ;D

Hope you get it sorted, Eric!   ;) :D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2002, 18:00 »
Damn, I thought I had been useful for a moment.  ;D  That would have been a first!   ;D

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2002, 11:06 »
Big Opps  ::)

SORRY TO BOTH OF YOU   :P

Must be this Christmas Spirit (or Vodka as it's better known).

Thanks to Simon for the help and Clive for, well being Clive  ;D

DJ1UK

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum