Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Mozilla Images  (Read 2864 times)

Offline WhiteDevil

Mozilla Images
« on: October 11, 2003, 18:55 »
Ive been browsing the interweb and found a few images i wanted to save to my hard drive.. so, as in IE, i pointed it to save to my My Documents folder, but when i looked there it had actually not saved, so i assumed i had had a memory lapse and tried again.. It still didnt work, am i doing something wrong  :o
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Adept

Re:Mozilla Images
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 19:03 »
You must be WD. I just tried it and it works exactly as expected.

Try saving to another folder, just as a test.

Offline WhiteDevil

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 20:22 »
Just did:

Right Click
Save Image As

tried 2 different folders, and it still wouldnt work  :-\
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 22:31 »
I think you may have found a small bug WD.  >:( ;)  This has happened to me on one occasion.  If you re-install Mozilla on top of itself, you won't lose any of your settings, and it will clear the problem.  Re-installing only takes a minute if you still have the installation set up file.

I'm not sure what causes this - it happened to me when I started using a third party Download Manager, but I'm still using it and it hasn't happened again.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline WhiteDevil

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 09:36 »
Im now re-downloading the installer... Ive also been having problems saving .exe files, and open links... Sometimes it just doesnt want to respond  >:(
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 09:46 »
Good Tip:  Keep the installer to save downloading it again!   ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline WhiteDevil

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 10:35 »
im doing a total uninstall/reinstall using an uninstall program removing all registry entries, when i tried to reinstall on top it wouldnt show anything.. This is a minor pain in the a$$...

Another problem, my mum has said that when she uses IE and clicks the Go button the site doesnt always come up, she has to click it several times to get it to respond.. Any chance Moz is the problem?
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2003, 10:45 »
when i tried to reinstall on top it wouldnt show anything..

Not sure what you mean by that, Adam.  If you installing the same version on top of itself, you shouldn't need to uninstall it first.  Now that you have, to ensure a clean install, you should remove the Mozilla.org folder in your Program Files.  You still won't lose your bookmarks, etc, as these are stored in a hidden file elsewhere on your PC.
Another problem, my mum has said that when she uses IE and clicks the Go button the site doesnt always come up, she has to click it several times to get it to respond.. Any chance Moz is the problem?

I don't think so.  It's probably the site itself being busy, or having server problems.  Has she actually tried accessing the site with Mozilla?

Offline WhiteDevil

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2003, 11:28 »
1) I reinstalled the browser, then when i tried to bring up any site i got the "Page Cannot be Located..". I booted up IE and had no problems...

2) I dont think the request is actually being acknowledged in IE, i looked the status bar and it was as if nothing had been clicked... Now that ive got Mozilla completely uninstalled its working fine...
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2003, 11:49 »
1) I reinstalled the browser, then when i tried to bring up any site i got the "Page Cannot be Located..". I booted up IE and had no problems...

That usually happens if there's a connection problem, or no connection, or Mozilla is being blocked by your firewall.  When you uninstalled Mozilla, did you 1) remove it using Add / Remove, and 2) delete the Mozilla.org folder from your C:\Program Files?  If you want to still use Mozilla, I would suggest you reinstall again, but first remove the Mozilla entry from your Firewall applications list, and let it detect it again.
2) I dont think the request is actually being acknowledged in IE, i looked the status bar and it was as if nothing had been clicked... Now that ive got Mozilla completely uninstalled its working fine...

I've never heard of Mozilla interfering with IE, but it does sound strange that you can now access the site.  I wonder if it could just be a conincidence?  What OS are you using - not ME is it?   ::)

Offline WhiteDevil

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2003, 12:00 »
I dont think its a connection problem, because IE worked... Im about to check the Firewall, its a timeout error occuring, not cant find page...
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2003, 12:12 »
You could also try clearing your cache and cookies in Moz - sometimes that helps.  Those error messages are typical of some sort of connection problem, a firewall issue, or the web site is down.  Have you tried different websites?  If it's none of those, then I'm afraid I'm a bit stumped at the moment.

Offline WhiteDevil

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2003, 12:19 »
Firewall was the problem. When a file changes i have to allow it access to my PC, but since the startup icon was missing it didnt give me the error... Sorted  ;D  - Thanks
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2003, 12:30 »
Phew!!   ;D ;D

Offline WhiteDevil

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2003, 12:38 »
and yes, my images problem is sorted too  ;D
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum