Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Video Card Drivers  (Read 1333 times)

Offline WhiteDevil

Video Card Drivers
« on: October 30, 2003, 15:53 »
hi,
ive just reinstalled my Video Capture Card after giving it a few months break because i didnt need it, but ive found some better video capture software i would prefer to use. I downloaded the drivers for 3rd party capture software (http://www.ukdigitaltelevision.com), but i cannot figure out how to install them.

I uninstalled the previous drivers, i tried going to add new hardware, but it just reinstalls the default drivers -

I started browsing for an answer and came across a site that said something about running in safe mode to do it, but you had to download their software, so i thought of posting here - can anyone give a step-by-step guide to a stupid person  ;D

Adam
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Offline ketamininja

Re:Video Card Drivers
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 16:03 »
Open up the Device Manager (Right Click on "My Computer", select properties - if using 2000/XP, select HARDWARE TAB and press DEVICE MANAGER).

Find your device in the list. It may have a yellow ? next to it,  it may not show up as the correct type item.

Go to the properties for that device when located, and select REINSTALL DRIVER. Select the path where your drivers exsist.

That should do it. If not, come back here!

Offline WhiteDevil

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 16:10 »
I vaguely remember trying that and it said windows cannot find a better driver than the one already installed...
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Offline ketamininja

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 16:56 »
it sounds like you are trying to install the wrong driver then  >:( ... make sure it is for the correct operating system, and that it actually supports your card.

What is the manufacturer and model number of the card?
What is the exact location (on the web) for the drivers?

Offline WhiteDevil

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 18:33 »
I just re-downloaded the newest drivers for my LifeView FlyTV Prime 30 (http://www.lifeview.com.tw/eng_html/download_htm/PCI/PCI_drivers.htm) -

They are meant to work for any operating system, and were released 14/10/2003 -
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum