Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Another Grrr - at Pipex!  (Read 4347 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Another Grrr - at Pipex!
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2003, 02:07 »
Shes come fairly close to being banned here too but we look after our elders on here, even though they do post rather excessively  ;)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2003, 02:38 »

Shes come fairly close to being banned here too but we look after our elders on here, even though they do post rather excessively  ;)

:slug: :wahh:
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline DropShadow

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2003, 04:33 »

Welcome to Pc-Pals, Dropshadow. :D. I think I remember you from Firenet Forums. If you remember I got thrown off ISpr for slagging them off.  ;D ;D ;D ;)

Lona!

Ah yes .... Firenet. I was known as 'AikenCelt' in them there days. DREADFUL days!

Slow speeds; constant disconnects; sh1te newsgroup support; illiterate admins .... I'm glad I left them. I was really only with them for about 3 or 4 months, but it seemed longer somehow!

I also remember the Firenet ISPreview wars. Yes - you were, indeed, kicked off, I remember. Then Firenet were kicked off ISPreview!

Of course, there were a LOT of troublemakers on that forum, weren't there, Lona, who thought NOTHING of causing the odd bit of trouble just to get a cheap laugh or two. Meh!

Terrible. Just terrible!

Aren't you with freeserve now?

As for my connection woes - haven't suffered since around 6 pm. Fingers crossed!

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2003, 23:45 »
I also remember the Firenet ISPreview wars. Yes - you were, indeed, kicked off, I remember. Then Firenet were kicked off ISPreview!

Truth always prevails, Dropshadow,lol. I knew eventually the customers would see the light and I like to think that I played a small large part in having Firenet kicked off Ispr. ;).

Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline DropShadow

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2003, 01:18 »

Truth always prevails, Dropshadow,lol. I knew eventually the customers would see the light and I like to think that I played a small large part in having Firenet kicked off Ispr. ;).

Who didn't, eh? Who didn't?!

-------------

As for the connectivity issue - all seems to be well again, as I haven't been disconnected since the ... er ... last time I said I was.

Just got in, and eMule is still downloading from about 1 (yesterday) afternoon!

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2003, 12:52 »
ME  ;D

Hey Lona, are you going Broadband ? if so who have you plumped for ?

Nineteen days to go for me  :o

Where's my manners, I forgot to say WELCOME to Pc-Pals DropShadow  ::)
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2003, 19:16 »
Well Tony, I don't know who I will be going with.
Who are you going with? I think it will be a toss up between plusnet and pipex but I am going to consult my guru, Sandra, before I decide. :D

PS.  I am with onetel now Dropshadow, although I have nothing against Freeserve and found their customer service to be very polite and helpful, it's just that they were a bit on the slow side for my liking.  Onetel isn't bad and I have a 6 hour disconnection time. I will be staying with them until I get BB on 21st December I hope.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2003, 01:11 »
Either of those two would be my choice Lona, shaded just slightly by PlusNet purely as it is my current provider, and includes a backup dial connection. But I was given miss information by one of their Sales peeps, and they would not offer a "gesture of goodwill"  

Anyway I signed up with NDO as they cut me a deal, even though they rejigged their price structure on the day I signed   ::) Plus I will still be paying the price I signed up at, for as long as I stay with  NDO, unless it comes down   ;D
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline DropShadow

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2003, 17:55 »

Well Tony, I don't know who I will be going with.
Who are you going with? I think it will be a toss up between plusnet and pipex but I am going to consult my guru, Sandra, before I decide. :D

PS.  I am with onetel now Dropshadow, although I have nothing against Freeserve and found their customer service to be very polite and helpful, it's just that they were a bit on the slow side for my liking.  Onetel isn't bad and I have a 6 hour disconnection time. I will be staying with them until I get BB on 21st December I hope.

Good luck with whoever you go with, Lona.

You'll experience some amazing differences, believe me, especially with P2P utilities, if you use them.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2003, 23:11 »
I can't wait to get BB, Dropshadow. :D. I can tell you this, I definitely won't be going to Firenet for my connection. :P.  BTW, I see they are back on Ispr, time for Lona, to be resurrected lol. ::) ::) ::)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum