Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Display problem  (Read 675 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Display problem
« on: November 26, 2003, 16:43 »
The last machine I built was for my cousin.  She has reported that when she switches her machine on from cold, the monitor powers up, but there is no display, just a blank screen.  She then hits the restart button, and the display appears and all is well.  This happens every time she switches on from cold.  She also had an isolated incident where her screen went blank while playing a game (Harry Potter), and as I think I mentioned once before, some plain text has a slight, but noticable, 'ghosting' effect.

Any ideas?  My first thoughts are a fault with the Graphics Card.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Display problem
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 17:05 »
Funnily enough mine does that since I reinstalled XP recently Simon  :(
I can tell that its not going to work as it doesnt make the right noise, I dont thik it receives the signal from the PC so I just restart and it works ok next time.
I dont think its an incorrect or faulty driver issue more likely that its not having time to load the drivers fully on the first cold start of the day, maybe the new faster drives are a bit too quick as it didnt happen on my old 5400 rpm only since I put a 7,200 rpm one in.
Maybe disabling Quick Boot in bios would slow it down enough to make it work straight off but as its not much of a problem to me I havent really looked into it yet  ;)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum