Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Recommended ISP's  (Read 5889 times)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
Re:Recommended ISP's
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2003, 09:27 »

Pipex are currently offering a 1Mb service for an extra tenner a month.  I have to say I'm tempted to upgrade.   ;) :D

What could you possibly be downloading [legally ] that warrants a 1MB service  ::)  ;D
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2003, 09:37 »
That's what I am considering, and why I haven't leapt straight in.  Would it really make that much difference?

Of course, there is the gloat factor, which might make it worthwhile on it's own!   ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2003, 10:08 »
Ah the gloat factor well that's  worth a tenner a month.. any day...or month  ;D
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2003, 13:55 »
Thats great lona  ;D  ;D

Gloat factor :lol:  Simon (hope it was simon)  :o ;D
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2003, 15:46 »

I would have just one area of concern, their suppot comes in for alot of bad press. I rate support as very important, but that's just me, I deplore weak points when I'm paying for a service. When you cannot get an answer as to why you cannot get full use of their service [any ISP]

I have had Pipexs ADSL for over 18 months now Tony and havent had to contact them once so although I hear that their support is crap I havent had any need for it.
The connection did drop this morning as they said a few days ago, around 3am but It was back on when I got up  :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2003, 17:00 »
Pipex have extensive FAQs in the support pages on their website, which can help with most of the basic problems.  I have had two occasions to contact them, once to ask about a problem with my modem, and once to check how much of my 50Mb of webspace I had used, as there seems no other way of checking.  On both occasions, they came back to me within about 36 hours.  OK, not what you might call immediate, but the replies they gave were correct, accurate and polite on both occasions.

Lona, you know what I'm like - the classic 'bolshy customer'.  I don't tollerate poor service for long, so if I'm not complaining about Pipex, they must be OK!  

:thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2003, 23:20 »
Lona, you know what I'm like - the classic 'bolshy customer'.  I don't tollerate poor service for long, so if I'm not complaining about Pipex, they must be OK!

You can't be worse than me, Simon, everything I touch goes wrong. I hope by me joining Pipex your service doesn't go down the tubes. :o ::) ::)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2003, 08:07 »
If it does, we'll know who to blame!   ::) :P ;D

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2003, 11:17 »

You can't be worse than me, Simon, everything I touch goes wrong. I hope by me joining Pipex your service doesn't go down the tubes. :o ::) ::)

They all said that when Simon joined.. ::)

All i can say is..Pipex must have a very strong gusset... 8) :o ;) ;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum