Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Seagate Wizard  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Seagate Wizard
« on: December 19, 2002, 17:44 »
Its a great utility and its free  :)
I just bought a 40 gig Seagate hard drive with some intrepidation as I had doubts that my old PC wouldnt be able to see it.
I fastened the drive in place and booted my PC.
Shock,horror it wouldnt get past the detecting primary slave part  :o
I had to change the jumper to the limiting capacity position and rebooted with the Seagate wizard floppy in place.
The wizard then took over and gave me a list of options and instructions.
As this is my second drive at the moment,(I intend to return my first drive to my old 166 PC at a later date), I decided to make the new drive a 2 partition one so I told it to make one of 4 gig and one of 36 gig.
My reasoning for this is that if I leave the first partition free I can use Fdisk to make it a bootable partition and install my OS into that partition without losing any data from the second partition  ;)
A few minutes later,(less than 5),it had partitioned and formatted the new drive and I now have a fully working 2 Drive 3 partioned PC again  :)

I have used the Seagate wizard with non Seagate drives previously to wipe and zero fill prior to using Fdisk.
Some of the functions dont work with non Seagate drives but a few of them do  ;)

My drive was priced up at £55 but I said "Its nearly Xmas" and as the guy was Asian ,so I assumed a muslim,also said"and Eid" andhe sold it me for £50  ;)

Have a good Xmas,Honika or Eid all  :-*

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
Re:Seagate Wizard
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2002, 18:55 »
glad you got one and its up and running sandra.
now what are you going to put on it. i've already got 30 GB on mine after one day !!
just found the spec for my original DAN 100 MHZ machine, it includes a (quote) "massive" 1.2 GB hard drive.  ;)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2002, 19:05 »
Way to go Sandra, 40GB I bet your cuddling yourself with delight  ;)

catch
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2002, 19:15 »
Well its been up and running for two hours now and I still havent put anything on it yet  :o
I think I may be paying Winmx a visit later as there wont be much worth watching on TV for the next couple of weeks  ;)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum