Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Sound  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Wrendy

Sound
« on: December 26, 2003, 18:05 »
???right ive just partitioned my drive and made it so i have bnoth 98 and XP on my computer, but when i load 98 i dont have sound because i dont have the sound drivers, does anyone know where to find the drivers, im not sure what sound card it is as XP installs the drivers automatically sooo im stumped, if my PC specs are needed then here they are.

Packard bell 1.8ghz
sound card (unkknown)
graphics card (unknown, think it might be geoforce or something)

Offline DJ

• Established Member
Re:Sound
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2003, 18:45 »
Hi and :welcome:

You could try Driver Guide

Click the Members Login link...
The username is drivers
and password is all

Do you know the model of Packard Bell and we could have a proper look for you?

DJ

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2003, 18:48 »
You might also want to try Packard Bells Site

Hope that helps

DJ

Offline Wrendy

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2003, 19:01 »
awe crpa, thanx for your reply, but see this is the payne in the ass bit, i cant get to the internet on 98 yet because im having similar problems with the drivers for my modem, sooooooooo i cant look on the site because it is only giving me drivers for XP whitch is a bit of a payne, if this helps then last time i used the drivers they were from a cd labelled PC cillin, came free with a magazine, hope this helps you help me  :'(

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 19:11 »
Hi there, can you connect ok on your XP set up ?
If so look in the device manager and see what it has installed the drivers for your modem and sound card as, it should list them both in there.
Then you should be able to download the correct ones and save them to a location that is available to your 98 OS when you reboot to that OS and install them on there.
As DJ said driver guide is usually a good place to find the drivers when you have identified which ones you want, just remember to get the ones for 98 not XP  :)

Offline Wrendy

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 19:50 »
right i have the feeling we might be getting close lol, i checked out my system drivers and the one im using is,

Legacy audio drivers

Device type:     sound, video and game controllers

Manufacturer: (standard system devices)

any idea what to do next?? :-\

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2003, 20:39 »
Did it not give any more information ?
Legacy is a generic term I think for most drivers  ???
You should get a list if you expand the sound, video and game controllers like on this attached screenshot from my pc, also one in the modem when expanded too.
Mines connected via a router so the modem isnt listed in mine but yours should be somewhere between the drives and keyboards  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum