Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Outlook / IncrediMail  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Outlook / IncrediMail
« on: December 24, 2002, 18:54 »
I 'acquired' MS Office XP Pro, and have been playing all day, but there's one thing I just can't get to happen, and it's driving me nuts!!

Does anyone know how to export / import the address book from IncrediMail, into Outlook?  I've tried it every way I can think of, and, although the address book appears in Outlook, it doesn't work when trying to send an e-mail to someone.  Instead of getting the contact name in the 'To:' line, you just get a semi colon (;).

If anyone can help with this, it would be much appreciated!   :-* :-*
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline bat69

• Loyal Member
    • http://members.lycos.co.uk/dbat69/
Re:Outlook / IncrediMail
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2002, 20:45 »
Sorry Simon ... its easy to go one way but not the other .... I don't think Microsoft expect people to be using other software  ::) This is something I've failed to find out, although I haven't spent lots of time on it (5 mins  ;) ... long time for me  :o)
url=http://www.pc-pals.com/userpics/bat69bc.swf]Flash[/url]

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Outlook / IncrediMail
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2002, 21:03 »
Right, well, I've sort of solved the problem in a round about way.  I had an old address book in Outlook Express, so I imported that, then I just had to put in the newer ones, which were mainly people from here!

I must admit, I thought MS Office XP Pro, sounded quite grand and miraculous, but I haven't found much as yet, that I couldn't do with Works 2001!  Glad it didn't cost much!   ;)

The fly in the ointment is that I've still got to keep Works, to open any old files I still have, as I can't be bothered to convert them all to Word files!  Ho hum!!   ::) ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum