Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Moving from Proboard to PHP  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
Moving from Proboard to PHP
« on: January 07, 2004, 06:43 »
can anyone tell me how to copy the posts and members list from a proboard forum to a php board and sql database. Ive set a php board up using the sql but im not experianced enough to go screwing around in the database. I would use the website downloader httrack but im not sure if it will produce a replica that i can use in php. Give me your insight because im probably going to need it

Adept

Re:Moving from Proboard to PHP
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 07:19 »
Most board software comes with a series of converter programs that will automatically take the memberlist and posts from one board to a new one.

You didn't say which PHP board software you are using Bob, so I can't be more specific :)

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 08:19 »
http://www.notestips.com/80256B3A007F2692/1/NAMO5RX3PX

i followed the tutorial on this site. I configured apache to run php, and installed the very basic version of php, then i downloaded mysql installed and configured it and there spiffy im done. It was practice to see if i could get a working php forum up, i have no idea how to write in php yet, although its on my sh*t to do list before i get go advertising this new experiment of mine.

i  have a friend that im doing this with, he said theres a version of apache preconfigured for php called phpdev, i think i might try that instead of screwing with the config files but i didn't know about that until i had gone through the tutorial on this site.

i think its version php-4.3.3 that i used but i couldn't be sure because i configed and installed php about 2 months ago and dont remember, but i think this is the one i used.

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 00:05 »
im serious about this man i really do need assistance. Please give me a hand if you know something.

Adept

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 07:30 »
OK so if you've followed that tutorial you have setup you PC ready to run some forum software.

Now you need to decide which software you are going to use.

A few options spring to mind

Invision Power Board
phpBB

YaBB (the software we use on here) seems to have gone walkabout. They usually live at http://www.yabb.com but the site wasn't available when I wrote this :o This is utter rowlocks! ::) Too early for me to be posting ;)

You will have to search these sites to see if any of the packages come with a ProBoard converter.

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 09:52 »
YaBBs now at www.yabbforum.com

I hope thats right  :P

DJ

Adept

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 11:16 »
Thanks for that DJ. YaBB has never been at www.yabb.com AFAIK - my only excuse is the raging hangover I had when I posted ;)

The PHP version of YaBB is YaBBSE and can be found at http://www.yabbse.org

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 20:19 »
I found their convert list on yabb

YaBB SE Converters [show only this package]  
     YaBB Gold 1.1 & 1.2 [show only this release] 2003-05-20 00:00
Y1G_to_YaBBSE_converter.zip 10089  968  Platform-Independent .zip
     YaBB 1 Gold (OLD) [show only this release] 2002-10-25 00:00
converter.zip 8052  1072  None None

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=57105

It doesn't look like they support proboards  ???

I guess im off to search for an a different forum soft converter, ugh tell me if missed something

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum