Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: My site  (Read 2089 times)

Offline twiggy

My site
« on: February 01, 2004, 02:07 »
A few of you may have read about my site i was building well i bought it off to under go massive improvments and a complete re-doing. I only hae a forum up so far www.ex-pc.tk so please take a look because it should be up soon! ;D (the link is to the forum at the moment but once the main site is up the link will access you to the actual site)! But could you commetn on the layout and style of it because i was thinking of a very similar templete for my site. Let me no waht you think.

!!!please note can no one of pc-pals sing-up please because i don't in anyway want to steal pc-pals members and traffic!!!

mark

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re:My site
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 09:22 »
It looks very nice Mark, you have obviously worked very hard on it.  The difficult part now is to find members to join up.  Many members of PC-Pals are also members of other forums and we certainly wouldn't have the cheek to try and prevent anyone from joining yours.

Adept

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 09:44 »

!!!please note can no one of pc-pals sing-up please because i don't in anyway want to steal pc-pals members and traffic!!!

Thanks for that Mark, but I have to point out my comments in this thread.

Offline twiggy

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 19:36 »
well i'm hoping when i get my site together that the hits i get from that will register on the forum well that's my plan any way if not i will jsut clsoe the forum and keep the site.

Do you think i should follow the stly of the forum and use it for the main site? or do you think that it would be better different? let use no what u think.

thanks mark

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 20:08 »

Do you think i should follow the stly of the forum and use it for the main site?

I think it would probably be the neatest idea Mark.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2004, 20:32 »
Yes, it would be nice to have everything design co-ordinated, as it would give a professional appearence.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline twiggy

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 15:10 »
hi all the base of the site is set take a look its the same domain as before. no content yet but take a look. any comments on layout please so i can change and errors or tweak little bits.

thanks mark

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 16:23 »
If you'd like constructive criticism, Mark, may I suggest that you run a spellchecker over the forum Index page?  There are several instances of 'want', as in 'I want a cup of tea', spelt as 'wont'.  It might seem trivial, but it does look more professional if the spelling on the front door is correct.   :)

Also, the pages take a long time to load, even on broadband - might be worth looking at that too.   ;)

Hope that helps, without being too picky!   ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline twiggy

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2004, 16:47 »
thanks for that i do have a habit of putting wont instead of want. I no the pages take some time loading this is due to the server. i will be swicthing soon to a faster one well my iamges any way that should load it so much faster then.

constructive crticism is all i need, well actual i could do with more so if any off you have any hit me with it  ;) so to speck.

thanks mark

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum