Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Game Freezes  (Read 1054 times)

Offline MikeDavies

Game Freezes
« on: June 17, 2007, 18:54 »
Hi, Computer is working fine EXCEPT all my kids games (Harry Potter ETC) all suffer from freezes.

I have reinstalled grapics and audio drivers (latest ) and reistalled said games.

I am fast losing cred! Please any suggestion?

Thanks

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Game Freezes
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 19:10 »
hmmm, have you tried any updates that might be availalbe for said games? Also do you have the latest version of directx...
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 20:32 »
Also, is the graphics card, and PC in general, up to the standard required for the games?  I thought I had a pretty good graphics card, until recently, when I tried to install the latest Myst game, and it just wouldn't run at all.  The last Harry Potter stuttered a bit at times as well, but I didn't think it was a patch on the previous games, so I wasn't too bothered that it didn't play well, as it gave me an excuse to give up on it.  I am assuming that I will need a new graphics card if I am going to attempt the new one, due out this month.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline MikeDavies

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 20:47 »
These are all games which have worked fine in the past on my computer, which is well inspec for said games.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 20:59 »
Right, so all the games have worked previously, but are suddenly playing up, yes?  Just a thought, but I'm wondering if something else could be running in the background, stealing resources required by the games?  Have you done a spyware scan recently?  Can I suggest you close everything else down, before running one of the games, which should help to eliminate any software issues.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline MikeDavies

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 14:54 »
Thanks for the input.

After trying just about everthing I finally installed a seconhand graphics card from ebay and bingo.. everything working fine.

Out of interest I retried the original card and back came the problem even though device manager reported no problems.
Anyway all ok now

regards

Mike

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 16:33 »
hmmm... probably the ram on the card or something gone tits up... glad you got it working though! :-)
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum