Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: GMSIPCI...& GTNDIS5  (Read 967 times)

Offline andyhx

GMSIPCI...& GTNDIS5
« on: September 24, 2005, 15:21 »
Hi folks.
Recently started to get request to install drivers for GMSIPCI but search can't find anything so boot up continues without seeming to affect anything.

Then get asked for drivers for GTNDIS5, followed by Windoes User Mode Protocol Framework, with same results.

No idea why and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
GMSIPCI...& GTNDIS5
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 15:43 »
Hi Andy and :welcome:

I am not sure what the first part is but the second is something to do with network drivers as the NDIS part of GTNDIS5 means Network Driver Interface Specification.

Are you networked and how do you connect to the net ?
What, if anything, is showing with a yellow ? or ! in devoce manager ?

Offline andyhx

GMSIPCI...& GTNDIS5
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 18:19 »
Hi,
thanks for helping.

In Device Manager I have a Yellow ? against other devices, then what seems to be a growing list of entries with both? and !.

I would paste the picture but can't remember how to do it as they won't highlight for me to copy to clipboard and paste here.

As well as the aforementioned headings there is also:

SAVRT
Application Management
Workstation
QoS RSVP
symlcbrd
Symantec Settings Manager
Symantec SPBBCSvc
Remote Access Auto Config Manager (i have tried disabling remote access though).

Recentlynstalled wireless network using a belkin adsl router and have 2 computers conected ok, although it took som sorting out as mine used XP and my son's had W2K Pro.

Cheers
Andy

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
GMSIPCI...& GTNDIS5
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 11:34 »
It sounds like you have incorrect or no drivers installed for some devices.

I would uninstall or remove any devices that have the yellow ! or ? next to them from inside device manager, right click and select uninstall or remove on each one.

Reboot and see if it installs any correctly next time.

If any are still showing the yellow ! or ? then double click each item and see if you can update or reinstall the driver, XP can sometimes find it if you allow it to search the web.

If you still have yellow ! and ? showing then try this tool which has a free trial and should find which you need and hopefully get the drivers for you :

http://www.driverguidetoolkit.com/

If it lists the type, make and model of each device but doesnt allow you to get the driver because it is only a trial version then post the information on here and hopefully we can find the correct drivers for you, but I think it works fully during its evaluation period so it should sort your pc out  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum