Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Opera users are most satisfied  (Read 612 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Opera users are most satisfied
« on: April 10, 2007, 14:27 »
Surfers that use the Opera and Firefox browsers are more satisfied than those who employ the services of Microsoft's Internet Explorer, according to research.

A survey carried out by NetApplications and SurveyWare found that Mozilla's Firefox is the considered the best browser software available. However, given its small user base, Opera seems to have the most satisfied customers.

"When the browser share is factored into the best browser voting, the analysis is even more revealing. The results imply that Opera has the most satisfied user base, followed by Firefox and [Apple's] Safari," according to NetApplications.

Opera is retaining its status as one of the internet's best-kept secrets - less than one per cent of surfers worldwide use the browser. Internet Explorer, despite having nearly 79 per cent of the market, was favoured least by respondents.

However, it isn't all bad news for Microsoft - a separate piece of research from NetApplications suggests that the rate of uptake for Windows Vista, the new Microsoft operating system, is increasing, seemingly at the expense of Apple.

Vista accounted for just over two per cent of the operating systems market in March 2007, compared to just under one per cent in the previous month. Apple's share of the market slipped for the first time since June 2006.

http://www.netapplications.com/
http://www.surveyware.com/

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
Re: Opera users are most satisfied
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 15:45 »
I don't think I've ever tried Opera. I have had more than a few opportunities. I just never had the need to switch from firefox. I use IE every blue moon to look at a page that firefox doesn't load properly, but besides the oddball site FF suits me just fine. The adblocker and noscript pluggins are probably the main little addons that are keeping me a fan.

I know I'm no Mark Twain, but tend to question the legitimacy of a research article when the author misspells "per cent".
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 15:47 by Bobscrachy »

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
Re: Opera users are most satisfied
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 16:58 »
I use opera as my secondary browser i've never had a problem with it

it also has all the tools with it to get the job done i dont have to download a lot of addons

it shows most all pages in the right form
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum