Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Google turning to the dark side?  (Read 680 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Google turning to the dark side?
« on: May 23, 2007, 13:01 »
From the article: In short, Google and Dell have teamed up to install some software on Dell computers that borders on being spyware. I say spyware because it?s hard to figure out what it is and is even harder to remove. It also breaks all kinds of OpenDNS functionality. At the end, I?ll tell you what we?re doing about it.

LINK

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Google turning to the dark side?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 13:18 »
kinda depressing reading :-( ... I did however use google checkout for the first time yesterday... wow thats a nice piece of webprogramming... though the only reason i tried it was the £10 off that ebuyer were throwing with it :-)
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 19:28 »
Yes, the Dell I recently purchased for a friend had all sorts of crap on it, most of which I uninstalled, but one or two things I left, because I didn't know what they were, and thought they right have been connected to some of the required software.  That Dell / Google page is one thing I didn't remove, as it only appears when using the cursed IE, and at least my friends have the sense to use Firefox, at my suggestion.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 18:14 »
They are making increasing amounts of junkware coming preinstalled on dells. I think google should focus more on their online applications. People have enough junk on their computer as is.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum