Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Insomniacs turn to the web  (Read 690 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Insomniacs turn to the web
« on: September 13, 2007, 16:19 »
One in seven of us surf the web when we can't sleep, according to research.  Emailing and surfing are favourite activities for insomniacs, according to Standard Life, but it advised bleary-eyed surfers to be cautious.

An online poll found that some emailers, presumably in a rage due to a lack of shut-eye, began sending terse replies to spam emails - an activity security experts would advise against, as it only serves to confirm that your email address is geniune.

And one respondent to the poll intimated that he had mistakenly sent an email advising his friend about marital problems not to his friend, but to his friend's wife.

The research also examined people's attitudes to buying goods online and found that three-quarters of us don't read the terms and conditions before accepting them when making a purchase.

"This kind of research helps us understand how people's attitudes to e-commerce are changing," said Standard Life Healthcare's Mandy Blanks.

www.standardlife.com

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Insomniacs turn to the web
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 16:23 »
Guilty as charged, but only to the first charge. As to the rest, if I can't sleep, I am neither bleary-eyed nor in a rage.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Insomniacs turn to the web
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 20:14 »
I have to admit, now I have a laptop, I do take it into the bedroom when I go to bed, and therefore, end up getting to sleep later than usual.  I do get bad-tempered if I haven't had enough sleep, so it's a habit I should really curtail.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum