Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Cyber attack warning after millions stolen from UK bank accounts  (Read 6078 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Britain’s top crime agency has warned internet users to protect themselves against cyber attacks that have seen fraudsters steal millions of pounds from UK bank accounts.

The National Crime Agency (NCA) said a virus is being used by hackers to harvest online banking details and gain access to accounts across the country.

Dridex malware has been developed by technically skilled cyber criminals, with UK losses estimated to run to £20m.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/oct/13/nca-in-safety-warning-after-millions-stolen-from-uk-bank-accounts
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
Ive recently switched to a Mac computer, fed up with all these security risks in Windows. The Mac although not 100% safe is far safer than Windows and runs smoother. Im sick of all the Windows security updates.

:thumb:
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
I've long desired an iMac.  It's not so much the initial expense which puts me off, but the cost of additional software required to equate to my Windows system would be significant. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
I've long desired an iMac.  It's not so much the initial expense which puts me off, but the cost of additional software required to equate to my Windows system would be significant. 

Go to linux its just as safe and most software is free
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Tried it, and couldn't get on with it.  There's too many different versions to choose from, for one thing.    :dunno:

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
Check out linux mint mate

thats the closet one to windows i know of

Ive been running mint for a couple years and its easy to operate and very reliable

It comes in 32 bit or 64 bit

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2864
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Delgado

• Established Member

Why not try Mini Mac, this is what I bought. Its £399 from PC World, and contains the same operating system as the iMac but dosent come with Monitor or Keyboard and Mouse. First class machine.

;D
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Same problem though, Den.  If I'm going to switch, I'd need to purchase additional software, like Office, and an audio editing and mixing suite. 

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum