Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Here's something I made earlier  (Read 4431 times)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline greenking

• Loyal Member
Re:Here's something I made earlier
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 14:41 »
There's certainly some good protection on there Tony....but surely everyone on Pals is already protected  8)

Anyone who isnt should take a look and make use of your offerings  :o

Nice work  ;)
My goal in life is to become half as good a person as my dog already thinks I am

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 14:44 »
That's very useful Tony.  Perhaps Sean could include it in our links page?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 20:45 »
I think you should also include CookieWall and StartPageGuard to that list Tony.  Both are freebies and help to safeguard your computer from the evils of the Internet.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 21:04 »
:thanks: Tony, I already have installed sygate firewall but find it slowing down things.  Does anyone else fine that?. I used to have norton internet security and didn't find that a problem. Could be my PC but really not sure.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline WhiteDevil

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2003, 21:29 »
Sygate slowing things down? That doesnt sound right. Im running 2 Internet Connections through sygate + a router and its still preety high...
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2003, 23:02 »
I've never had a problem with Sygate.  What makes you think that's what is slowing your PC, Lona?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2003, 01:36 »
I already have installed sygate firewall but find it slowing down things.

Well, all I can add is that I had stopped using firewalls until I was introduced to Sygate by a pal.  It is, without doubt, the only firewall that hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of  the internet.

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2003, 10:26 »
Just wondering, Lona, are you using the free version or the Pro version of Sygate.  There are a couple of options in the security settings of the Pro version that are better turned off.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2003, 20:10 »

There's certainly some good protection on there Tony....but surely everyone on Pals is already protected  8)

Anyone who isnt should take a look and make use of your offerings  :o

Nice work  ;)

Yes but we on PC-Pala are the exception, not the norm, Greenking........... ask around your neighbours and friends with computers, and I think you'll find most are not up to speed regards PC security. Hence I made this web page and link to it via a sig on my outgoing emails to help promote PC security. And I thought it could be usfull for newbies who find them selves looking for advice in general, hence they visit PC-Pals. There is plenty security software out there, but with this link they can get sorted straight away, I use all but AntVir, for reasons explained on my web page.

Clive,

SpyGuard, does the same job as StartPage Guard, and Spyblaster blocks known spy cookies, and in any case EmpTemp dumps all cookies except the ones you chose to keep. It has a  Sister program which downloads at the same time called EmpTemp Runner, which you can program to remove all but selected cookies, say every hour or every minute if you want, but then I'd be as paroniod as Chorley Dave regards PC security  ;D ;)

Seriously like I said to Greenking, it is merely links to the software I deem as usfull and which I use personally, but there are many others out there that do the same kinda job.

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2003, 15:47 »
I just tried the Empty Temp on this page tony and it didn't work  ???  I'm not urgent for it but I thought I'd have a look anyway  ;)
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 14:46 »
Sorry Mich,

My mistake, doggy html work on my part, but it is fixed now. If you go a head and install it [I would not be without it] give me the nod and I'll run through the best options setup with you. Just download it and put a shortcut to it on your Desktop first though.

For instance, I clean out 13 folders and all cookies, all history items, all URLs and the contents of the recycle bin, with just two double clicks every night, before I go Bye Bye's. But I'm a tidy sort of chap when it comes to my PC  ::)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 15:07 »
I've been using Window Washer for a few years but it's stopped working for some strange reason.  More than likely caused by one of the Windows patches I've recently been downloading.  It cost me around a tenner but they have been nagging to to pay for updates ever since I purchased it.  I've just downloaded Empty Temp and that will meet my requirements.  Thanks Tony.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2003, 15:54 »
glad to be of assistance Clive  ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2003, 16:47 »
Does Empty Temp work with other browsers, or just IE?

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum