Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: BT Broadband  (Read 1391 times)

Offline DJ

• Established Member
BT Broadband
« on: September 20, 2003, 19:52 »
'Borrowed' this from another foru, thought I'd share it with you all.

Recently a friend had completed his minimum 12 month contract with BT Broadband and rang them to see what they could do for him.

In their usual BT way, they told him sharply that they could not lower his monthly payment (£29.99). He replied that if that was the case they could cancel his contract there and then on the phone.

After putting him on hold, they returned minutes later to say that as a 'valued customer' (he's just done the contractual minimum!) they would drop his monthly payment to £22.50.

Several other people at work have done the same thing and its worked for them to; i'll be giving it a go when my 12 months is up.

So anyone in this situation might fancy giving BT a bell, it's amazing what the threat of going elsewhere can do.

I know there are cheaper broadband suppliers but if people need to stay with BT - looks like they can knock the price down a bit!

DJ  ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:BT Broadband
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2003, 20:35 »
That may be useful for some people - thanks DJ!  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 23:23 »
Is that BTBroadband or BTOpenworld you are talking about DJ?  BTOpenworld charge £29.99 a month but BT Broadband and much cheaper (I think about £20 a month).  They are two different companies and provide different services.  BTBroadband is a "no frills" ISP where you don't get e-mail or webspace.

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 23:25 »
Sorry should have made it clearer.

It is BTOpenworld , the ones that charge £29.99

The guy who did this had already had a 12 month contract with them, at the end of which he threatened to quit and the lowered his monthly charge.

DJ

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 23:35 »
Funnily enough, my contract with BTOpenworld is about to run out!   Thanks for that excellent tip DJ.   ;D

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2003, 23:43 »
Clive,

For your info the original thread can be found HERE

Enjoy  ;)

DJ

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum