Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: A cure for cancer?  (Read 11075 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
A cure for cancer?
« on: February 25, 2007, 20:57 »
G. Edward Griffin marshals the evidence that cancer is a deficiency disease - like scurvy or pellagra - aggravated by the lack of an  ... all » essential food compound in modern man's diet. That substance is vitamin B17. In its purified form developed for cancer therapy, it is known as Laetrile. 

Very interesting 55 minute long video. 

LINK

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
Re: A cure for cancer?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 23:03 »
Thanks for that info Clive I must admit I didn't watch all of the film but I went to the website and there are some very interesting articles on the net about B17.

Strangest thing is that certain cultures including Eskimo's don't get cancer.....not sure how correct that is but it is mentioned on a few websites. They aparently eat alot of red berrys which contain B17.

Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 07:58 »
I eat raspberries 3 or 4 times a week but I can't say I'm keen on apricots.  Apricot stones are too big to eat but I suppose they can be crushed. 

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 08:34 »
One site says. prevention..

Eat 10 South African size apricot kernels per day depending on size of kernel. (Maximum five kernels at one time - do not swallow whole - they can be chewed along with other nuts in muesli, or they can be ground using a nut mill or general purpose grinder and sprinkled on cereal or in fruit juice, etc.) If using small kernels, the equivalent measurement is approximately 7gms, with only 3.5gms eaten at one time.

a day!

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 10:29 »
One site says. prevention..

Eat 10 South African size apricot kernels per day depending on size of kernel.

You probably wont die from cancer but you would be to full to eat enough meat to get your daily requirement of essential vitamins and proteins and die from that instead  :)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 11:50 »
I've just seen the whole video - thanks for the link, Clive.

It would be interesting to know the age of the film because I fancy that conventional medicine has seen many developments since it was made.  Despite the lack of support from the established scientific community, I found its arguments very powerful and well reasoned.  I shall certainly be changing my diet to include more B17 rich foodstuffs.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 13:35 »
It would be useful to know exactly which foodstuffs contain B17.  I'm eating so many "healthy foods" now that I may as well get my paycheque sent direct to Tesco's.  ::)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 14:33 »
Does this link help?  The beansprouts we buy in supermarkets come from mung beans, don't they?  Get 'em into your stir-fry :) !

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 14:56 »
Not much hope for me then guys  :(

Surely a nice rare piece of fillet steak has everything in it that you need doesnt it, after all a cow has eaten all the so called good for you stuff already and left whatever goodness there was for us humans in its flesh.
So in a way a cow is just a food factory that processes food in order to make it taste better once the cows have absorbed and digested the crap tasting raw materials   :)

According to that list I assume that cancer never affects any bird, apart from the possibilty of some of the birds of prey that arent big seed eaters.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 15:16 »
If you'd watched the film, Sandra, you'd realise there's a lot of truth in your argument - so far as it goes  :P !  Eskimos get a lot of their B-17 from Caribou which naturally feed on B-17 rich plants.  So if you can find a steak from an Angus cow that's been fed on B-17 rich grasses, you might be onto a winner.  Unfortunately, most commercially farmed cattle are fed 'scientifically balanced' diets in which the B-17 is lost.

One of the main arguments in favour of adding b-17 to the diet is that all mammals, especially primates, naturally seek out plants that are rich in B-17 even if they contain no other nutritional benefits.  It could explain why wild animals never die naturally of cancer.

Gill

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 15:42 »
Thanks for that Gill.

I will ask my butcher to get the farmers to ram more B17 down the cows throats before they slaughter them for me  :)

How about pigs blood in my favourite Lancastrian black puddings, are they fed lots of B17 too, as they sure taste good  :)

Only thing I knew about B17 before was that it was bigger and looked mpre impressive but it couldnt carry as big a bomb load as far, as high or as fast as the good old wooden wonder, or as it was officially known the De Havilland Mosquito  ;)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 15:47 »
Thanks for the list Gill.  I can certainly see the picture!  Most of the items are unpalletable but I suppose my raspberries may prove   useful.  I eat a reasonable amount of sweet potato and water cress each week too.  Obviously it doesn't hurt to swallow the odd pear pip.  Interestingly, when I was a child it was quite common to see people eating apple stumps, seeds and all.  Maybe we are no longer in tune with nature.    

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 15:49 »
Arent there any Caribou in Wales then Clive  ;)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 15:56 »
No because my brother-in-law has probably shot them all! 

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 16:15 »
mmmm........

I think I'll just add B17 to the list of vitamin tablets I try to remember to take. It might not help but I don't think it can hurt  ;D 

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum