Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Thoughts to Get Through a Crisis  (Read 3174 times)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
Thoughts to Get Through a Crisis
« on: March 27, 2008, 12:19 »
                                                          Thoughts to Get Through a Crisis.

Contemplate these.

You cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic, and then give in.

One good turn gets most of the blankets.

No matter how much I care, some people are just jackasses.

It takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion - not proof - to destroy it.

Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense. (thanks to Victor)

I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

You shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think.

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

It is not what you wear; it is how you take it off.

You can keep vomiting long after you think you're finished.

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Ex-wives and Ex-husbands are like fungus, and keep coming back.

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

We are responsible for what we do, unless we are celebrities.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

99% of the time when something isn't working in your house, one of your kids did it.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity.

The people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon and all the less important ones just never go away, and the real pains in the ass are permanent.

Once over the hill, you pick up speed.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes, I even put it in the food.

If it weren't for stress, I'd have no energy at all.

Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

I know God won't give me more than I can handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

If the shoe fits, buy it in every colour.

If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.

If you look like your passport picture, you definitely need the trip.

Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.

A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.

Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. You should live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Thoughts to Get Through a Crisis
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 12:54 »
Absolutely priceless!  I did like the "cats have staff".  How true is that!   ;D

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 13:25 »
They certainly do, when ours was bitten (again) by a snake last month, I sat up all night with her. Made a trip to the vet at midnight, she was distressed and in pain. And the next day, after contemplating during the night the possibility of having to her put to sleep, she started to acknowledge me about 6.00am, which was a good sign. We moved a mattress into the lounge room for the hope of some sleep, no. More trips to the vet, they had to anaesthetise her to take blood and x-rays, didn't find out it was a snake bite until the fifth day. Too late for any antivenene, she is one lucky cat.
The pain and paralysis in her back legs suggested that was the site of the bite. Took a while for her to get the full use of her back legs again.

Oh, and nothing has changed, she gets waited upon night and day. I cook two different types of fish for her, a white fillet and salmon, she eats better than me.  ;D

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 13:40 »
Misty never give up  on a cat untill the end

they are survivers
I had an old 3 legged cat that i thought to  put to sleep when she cut her leg off
I didnt she had 4 litters after that and was the meanest animal on the block even dobermans gave her her space lol
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 18:18 »
I'm glad she's made a full recovery MB.  You must have had a dreadful time of it!

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 02:14 »
Misty never give up  on a cat untill the end

they are survivers
I had an old 3 legged cat that i thought to  put to sleep when she cut her leg off
I didnt she had 4 litters after that and was the meanest animal on the block even dobermans gave her her space lol

Too true Davy, cats apparently survive snake bites a lot better than dogs. And I know what you mean about feisty female cats, we had a very docile female cat who turned attack cat when a large dog approached a litter of kittens which weren't hers, but she chased that dog out of our yard.  ;D

I'm glad she's made a full recovery MB.  You must have had a dreadful time of it!

It was extremely distressing for both of us, having to tell Michael when I picked him up from TAFE, was awful, but he was wonderful in taking over doing everything around the house and running errands, as she would only settle down when on my lap. The vet thinks it was a black snake that bit her, as their bites are very painful, she still doesn't like anyone touching her back leg.
She has quite a reputation at the vets, I took her up again after she was attacked by the neighbourhood tom, as we walked passed the vet with her, the vet said "Oh, I remember you!" She was the vet who tried to get a blood sample the first day I took her up, they gave up. Other vet asked, when I picked her up, "does she always try to kill people?" (only vets, who try to stick needles in her)
On the third day, after they had anaesthetised her to take blood (she stopped breathing and they had to resuscitate her), they asked me to get a urine sample, I did - it was red, full of blood, very scarey. But I was told that was a good sign, her kidneys are working. It was the snake venom braking down the hemoglobin in her blood.

There doesn't seem to be any lasting effects of the paralysis she suffered in her back legs, apart from some sensitivity, she seems to have full use of them.  :thumbs:     

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 02:18 »
You can see in these photos where they shaved her front legs and on her neck to take blood, there is also a shaved area on her chest, I think for a heart monitor.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 08:06 »
I hope the vet's fees weren't too expensive.  Here they cost a fortune!  But I know that you will pay anything if it makes her better.  What lovely colour fur she has!  Is she a Siamese cat? 

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 08:12 »
I'm still paying it off........ :( but she is worth far more.  :)

She has a Seal Point Siamese father and a Red Burmese mother, which makes her a Tonkinese. You can see some of the red on her ears.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 13:00 »
Oh I see what you mean!  She's a very beautiful creature.  Our cat is no more than a £5 moggy but we are still her loyal servants and love her to bits.   ;D

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 13:38 »
I love all cats, monitory value doesn't matter to me, but I have a real passion for Siamese, they have incredible personalities and very talkative not to mention very naughty.

Even though she hissed, spat and growled (really funny growling), the vets did come to like her (quite a lot) because she is a real character. The vet would go to touch her, growl, hiss and then spit, vet backs off, growl, hiss, vet leaves the room, growl, less and less, quite, vet start to talk to me before coming back, growl, walks in, louder growl, and louder, with the occassional hiss. This goes on for the entire time we are there, all the different growling is really funny.
Last time we were there the vet lent down and looked her in the eyes as she was growling, and said "Oh stop it, you don't mean it".

They are all worth loving Clive, as the saying goes, "Cats make the best people".   ;D

Oh, and I already run a guest house, restaurant, laundry and maid service. So doing the same for her as I do for Michael, makes little difference.  :bawl:   

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 17:46 »
You are so right MB.  They are all amazing characters and have just as many facial expressions as their servants.  Ours still costs us £50 a month for tablets yet we are more than happy to pay for them.   :laugh:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 12:13 »
Can you get Pet Insurance there, we have it here and it did cross my mind, but I figured having a fully fenced yard that she can't get out of, we were quite safe.  :(

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 12:39 »
Yes, it's like BUPA for pets, from what I understand, MB, but as I have no pets, I'm hardly qualified to comment.

http://www.healthy-pets.co.uk/
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 13:15 »
You should get a cat Simon, they are good at ridding the home of other less likeable critters. Mind you, a friend recently told me of a cat that brought her owner a snake, a live snake, into her bedroom. But other than little things like that..........  :)x

We have quite a few insurance companies, but I figure the money I save in not having her vaccinated, goes to paying for these, more unusual accidents.   

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum