Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: New PC For Image Processing?  (Read 428 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: New PC For Image Processing?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2019, 19:12 »
I've got to be honest, it was December 2017 when I did my upgrade and I can't quite remember now what the SATA to USB was for, but logically, I guess it's so that the clone can be done before removing the existing hard drive.  Doesn't the new SSD connect via SATA?  So, you need the lead to connect the new SSD via USB to do the initial clone. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2019, 19:17 »
I see what you're saying though.  Could you install the new SSD and connect it to the old hard drive via SATA, then do the clone?  To that, I'm afraid I don't know the answer.  All I know is, I would have used the simplest and least risky method.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2019, 19:19 »
I'm just adding things as I recall them here, but another reason I probably used the USB method is that I don't have any spare internal SATA ports, so I couldn't have connected both drives internally at the same time.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum